Pancreatitis is a complex, long-term disease of the pancreas with multifactorial causes. One of them: a sharp violation of the norms of consumption of fatty foods, overeating, addiction to alcohol. Compliance with special dietary rules for pancreatitis is half of the success of treatment.
The diet for pancreatitis is designed to replace and supplement the menu with substances that are poorly processed due to a lack of pancreatic enzymes.
Some patients believe that nutritional treatment for pancreatitis is no different from Diet 5a and continue to follow its recommendations. This is understandable because most individuals initially received long-term treatment for cholecystitis, gallstone disease, or hepatitis. They are familiar with Tables 5a and 5, which establish the nutritional standards necessary for these diseases.
But if pancreatitis is detected, diet 5a will need to be changed. The changes that occur when the pancreas is damaged require correction of the protein, fat and carbohydrate content. The diet of patients with pancreatitis is called "5p". It increased the protein content up to 150 g (in No. 5 100-120 g), reduced the amount of fat (in No. 5 at least 70 g) and carbohydrates (in No. 5 inminus 300 g). The rules of cooking and limiting the choice of food remain current.
Basic dietary requirements
Proposed dietary rules # 5p do not exclude the use of concomitant diseases of the digestive system. They are important in creating maximum unloading of the pancreas.
- Do not cook boiled, cooked, baked or steamed foods. The frying method is totally prohibited.
- Observe the sparing of the damaged organ by grinding all the dishes at the most acute stage of the disease.
- A moderate temperature regime is necessary (no strong fluctuations from cold to hot).
- It is necessary to feed the patient with small amounts of food, but every 3-4 hours.
- Avoid heavy one-time meals, overeating even diet meals.
- Maintain a daily calorie intake of at least 3000 kcal.
The recommended diet tables according to Povzner take into account the options for periods of exacerbation and beyond, when the pain has subsided, but it is very important to maintain and continue good nutrition in pancreatitis.
5p diet option with exacerbation of pancreatitis
Clinical manifestations of acute and chronic pancreatitis at the stage of exacerbation (sharp pain, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea) do not allow the patient to eat in the usual way. The treatment regimen requires a complete fast for two to four days. You can't drink either; in the first few days, the liquid is injected intravenously.
After stopping vomiting and pain, an initial regimen of 5p is prescribed. Its purpose is to reduce the build-up of stomach acid and allow the pancreas to focus all of its strength on the process of struggling for survival.
The diet allows a period of use not exceeding two weeks, since its composition is not balanced (protein is reduced to 60 g, fat up to 50 g, carbohydrate up to 200-280g, with a total calorie content of 1800 kcal). Of course, bed rest and lack of physical activity are recommended.
The menu of the diet table of a patient with pancreatitis consists of mashed mucous cereals, liquid cereals on water (semolina and rice are excluded), mashed vegetables or carrots with the addition ofzucchini, boiled pumpkin (cabbage in any form is excluded), jelly, jelly, puddings, a few white crackers. Everything is served and cooked without oil. You can drink water up to 2 liters, a decoction of rosehips, weak, slightly sweet tea. After this option, on the recommendation of a doctor, they switch to the second type of food.
Diet without exacerbation of pancreatitis
The onset of an effective recovery process is judged by the normalization of temperature, a decrease in the frequency of diarrhea and the absence of pain. The diet for pancreatitis is expanding, but the maximum standards of protein, fat and carbohydrate are observed. It is necessary to include a set of vitamins in the current therapeutic regimen to activate the body's defenses. The patient will have to adhere to this plan all his life.
Diet for pancreatitis categorically forbids:
- fatty meat, fish and rich vegetarian soups (with cabbage or mushrooms);
- fatty meats of beef and pork, duck;
- lard and cooking oil;
- smoked meats, hot snacks, sauces, preserves in all forms, sausages;
- rich pastries, culinary creams, chocolate, pies, black bread;
- from vegetables, the diet for pancreatitis does not recommend radishes, cabbage, turnips, sorrel, spinach;
- soft drinks, beer, alcohol, coffee.
Recommended products and meals:
- dried white bread or croutons, dry biscuits;
- lean steamed, baked, meat and poultry meat dishes, meatballs, meatballs and meat casseroles;
- cereal soups, with noodles, you can season with sour cream;
- non-acidic cottage cheese, hard cheese varieties;
- butter or vegetable oil should be added directly to the plate, no more than a tablespoon per day;
- semi-liquid porridge, boiled in water or diluted milk;
- unsweetened baked apples, jelly or fruit compote;
- tea lightly infused with milk or wild rose in broth, slightly sweetened.
The Pancreatitis in Remission Diet recommends the following sample menu for a person who works for the day:
- Breakfast before work - you can make a steamed protein omelet from two eggs or half a portion of oatmeal in milk, tea with milk.
- Breakfast No. 2 (at lunch time) - take boiled meat with mashed potatoes or vegetables, half a packet of cottage cheese, if at work it is possibleto reheat it in the microwave, be sure to use it.
- Lightly sweet tea.
- Lunch (at home after work) - vegetarian potato soup half a plate, steamed meatballs with vegetable puree, apple jelly with xylitol.
- Dinner - a piece of boiled chicken, a casserole of cottage cheese, tea with milk.
- At night (no later than 9 p. m. ), fruit jelly with xylitol.
It is possible to take unpolished vegetables and fruits, as well as to extend the diet only with the agreement of a doctor, after an examination to ensure that the enzyme activity of the pancreas is restored andthat there is no inflammation.