The modern pace of life does not allow the majority of people to treat their health with sufficient attention. Fast food and synthetic food additives lead to stomach and digestion issues. A large number of people suffer from gastritis.
Pharmaceutical companies offer a wide range of drugs, but if the right diet for gastritis is not followed, this unpleasant disease will not go away.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. This happens for many reasons:
- eating disorders, especially the habit of eating dry food, excessive love of spicy foods, "hungry" diets;
- the presence of poor quality products in the diet;
- bad habits;
- long-term use of certain drugs;
- presence of Helicobacter pylori bacteria in the stomach.
Gastritis manifests itself quite clearly - heartburn, pain and heaviness in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting, stool disorders. It is difficult to get rid of the disease; an integrated approach is needed. Eating the right food for gastritis is essential to your recovery. The choice of diet depends on the type of your disease. Distinguish gastritis:erosive
- ; atrophic
- with increased or decreased acidity of the stomach;
- in acute and chronic form.
Diet for acute gastritis
With this disease, the gastric mucosa is inflamed, so fasting is recommended. Ideally, you should abstain from eating and drinking completely on the first day, allowing the digestive system to rest. It is allowed to drink water, always hot.
Cold and hot during an exacerbation are contraindicated.
Then the diet should gradually include a weak meat broth, decoctions based on oatmeal or rice cereals. As a drink it is better to offer the patient weak tea, rosehip and chamomile decoctions.
After a few days, the diet for acute gastritis can be expanded.
- viscous soups;
- rice pudding, semolina, oatmeal; steamed omelets
- boiled eggs;
- low fat milk or skim milk;
- curd puff;
- from drinks: compotes and unsaturated jellies, weak tea with lemon or honey.
Once the symptoms of gastritis have subsided, you can gradually return to your usual diet. There are a number of products, even outside the period of exacerbation, are not suitable for people prone to inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Gastritis is an insidious disease, it can come back at any time.
During the period of remission, it is necessary to strictly limit or completely abandon spicy, fatty and fried foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, carbonated drinks, alcohol, coffee.
Chicory on the effect on the mucous membranes is comparable to coffee, it is also better to refrain from it. Such a diet after acute gastritis of the stomach will help further reduce the risk of further attacks.
Pay attention!Milk porridge or porridge on water is a healthy breakfast dish, but avoid instant or unboiled cereals, they are not so healthy and contain additives that are harmful for a weak stomach. During periods of exacerbation of the disease, it is better to wipe off the porridge in addition.
Diet for chronic gastritis
The diet for chronic gastritis of the stomach allows you to eat:
- milk porridge, well-cooked and sparse consistency;
- mashed soups or mashed vegetable soups;
- boiled eggs; steamed omelets
- dairy products and non-acidic cottage cheese;
- well cooked meat or fish.
What sweets can you eat with chronic gastritis? It is allowed to use sugar, marshmallows, honey, various jams and jams, some types of dried fruits (preferably non-acidic, pre-steamed).
Pasta or boiled rice are the best side dishes. White bread is allowed, but not fresh, but dried or stale.
Recommended drinks include milk tea with milk, still mineral water, fruit, and milk jelly.
Traditional medicine tip:Freshly squeezed potato juice helps fight gastritis. You need to drink it on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, outside the period of exacerbation of the disease. It is better to use young vegetables that have not accumulated harmful substances.
The list of what you can eat for gastritis is quite long. Products that contribute to the abundant formation of gastric juice are strictly prohibited, namely:
- fish and meat cooked in their own juice, as well as rich broths;
- sauces, preserves, pickled or pickled vegetables;
- fried and smoked foods;
- herbs and spices;
- sour cottage cheese;
- skimmed milk;
- hard-boiled eggs;
- ice cream, chocolate, halva;
- sour berries;
- strong tea or coffee, sparkling water, alcohol, any soft drink.
The list of foods that can be eaten during exacerbations of chronic gastritis also limits rough foods that irritate the stomach. These are wholemeal bread, pastries, whole grains, mushrooms, nuts, the skin of birds or fish, fresh fruits and vegetables. The inflamed mucosa during the period of exacerbation of the disease accepts only boiled mashed food, as well as food products that have undergone careful mechanical processing, mashed dishes.
Important!Outside the period of exacerbation of gastritis, fresh carrot juice is useful. The composition of carrots strengthens the walls of the gastric mucosa. and helps to regulate metabolic processes. The patient should drink half a glass an hour before breakfast for 10 days, then take a break. But it is necessary to take it only after consulting a doctor, since treatment with carrot juice is not suitable for patients with high acidity.
Diet for high acid gastritis
In the case of such a diagnosis, the diet should be aimed at neutralizing the increase in acidity, that is, reducing the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
To do this, the patient menu includes:
- soups in a weak, non-concentrated broth;
- boiled meat of dietary varieties (for example, rabbit or turkey, chicken breast);
- boiled river fish and seafood;
- boiled eggs;
- dairy dishes and goat's milk;
- green peas, zucchini after mechanical processing, preferably in mash form;
- dried white bread or crackers;
- accompaniments: boiled pasta, buckwheat or oatmeal; Drinks
- : compotes and sweet fruit jelly, weak tea with milk.
It is recommended to eat mashed cottage cheese. You can steam the soufflé. Outside the period of exacerbation, cheesecakes, dumplings and casseroles of cottage cheese are added to the diet.
Tips from traditional medicine:Sea buckthorn oil is an effective treatment for the disease. It envelops the walls of the stomach and its healing properties are known to many. Well suited to help with gastritis with high acidity.
A therapeutic diet for gastritis with high acidity excludes foods that stimulate the production of gastric juice - these are salty or spicy foods, smoked and fatty foods, as well as:
- broths and borscht, sour cabbage soup;
- fresh bread;
- fermented dairy products;
- dried fruits and unripe fruits;
- strong tea, coffee, any soft drink;
- spices and seasonings;
- pickled or pickled and bitter vegetables.
Remember the mechanical principle of the processing table: coarse fiber products are contraindicated. In the diet of a patient with gastritis, there should be no bran bread, whole grains, radishes, turnips.
Important!It is forbidden to eat fresh carrots for gastritis with high acidity. Dishes that contain hard-boiled or fried eggs are also prohibited for gastritis.
Diet for low acid gastritis
The diet for gastritis of the stomach, carrying out a decrease in acidity and a decrease in the production of gastric juice, on the contrary, aims to increase the concentration of hydrochloric acid. This diet is based on:
- viscous slurry;
- vegetable purees;
- boiled lean meat and pasta;
- meat and fish broths;
- cutlets, sausages, lean ham;
- baked potatoes;
- dried bread;
- tomatoes, fresh herbs, cinnamon, vegetable juice;
- jelly, tea and coffee;
- slightly sparkling mineral water;
- baked fruits, mousses, fruit juices.
Smoked fish for gastritis with low acidity is recommended, and it is recommended to start eating with a piece of herring. An important condition is that the salted herring must first be soaked.
Traditional Medicine Tip:You can induce the production of gastric juice before starting to eat in a simple and harmless way - imagine delicious dishes, watch advertisements with appetizing foods or photos of dishes"delicious".
Restrictions in the diet of such a patient are imposed on sugary drinks with gas, fatty and fried foods, fresh bread or bran, legumes (including pea and bean soups), with hard cheese, fatty fish, chocolate and candies.
Pay attention!It is patients with low gastric acidity who are most attacked by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. In such an environment, the waste bacteria reduce the acidity level to a minimum.
The doctor recommends! Apples are the healthiest food for gastritis. For gastritis with high acidity, sweeter apple varieties are chosen, and apples with high acidity are suitable just with low acidity. With an exacerbation of the disease, apples are subjected to mechanical processing - they are wiped or crushed.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
Atrophic gastritis is characterized by an insufficient amount of digestive enzymes. The incoming food is not completely broken down and absorbed. A list of what you can eat with this type of gastritis:
- diet meat and low-fat boiled fish;
- meat or fish soups with vegetables and cereals;
- sweet fruits and berries;
- non-acidic dairy products;
- mineral water, jelly, weak tea and cocoa.
Eggs for atrophic gastritis are allowed in boiled form or steamed in an omelet.
Forbidden foods include oily fish, mushroom broths, fatty meats and rich meats, sour berries and fruits, carbonated drinks, chocolate, cakes, muffins, canned foods.
Diet for erosive gastritis
Erosive gastritis is accompanied by the presence of small erosions on the walls of the stomach - defects of the mucous membrane. The therapeutic diet for erosive gastritis includes enveloping foods and foods that mechanically spare the injured mucosa:
- liquid soups, preferably viscous in consistency; diet meats
- ; steamed cutlets
- non-acidic dairy products;
- vegetable dishes;
- butter, cream, milk sauces;
- sweets: jelly, honey, marshmallow, marshmallow, jams and sweet fruit jams; Drinks
- : jelly, compotes, weak tea.
Rice for erosive gastritis will be an ideal breakfast option if it is cooked in the form of crushed mucous porridge.
You should refrain from eating traumatic and aggressive foods, namely: fatty and smoked foods, dishes from mushrooms, legumes, canned fruits and berries, salty, spicy, sour, raw or pickled vegetables, fresh bread and pastries, fresh fruit juice, strong drinks, alcohol.
Oily and smoked fish are not recommended for erosive gastritis.
General nutrition tips for gastritis
- Meals are better organized often (5 to 6 times a day) and regularly, respecting the diet. Your schedule should include:
- first breakfast,
- afternoon tea,
- Eat in small portions, around 300 grams per meal. Avoid overeating and eat breakfast at specific times. The doctor advises! Try not to eat liquid and solid foods at the same time, differentiate them.
- Avoid temperature spikes when eating - an irritated stomach will only accept food comfortably when it is hot.
- Simplify your menu. The fewer meals per day in the diet, the easier it is to cope with stomach stress.
- After each meal, you should rest for 20 minutes, minimum physical activity.
- The diet should contain all important vitamins and minerals, as well as a balanced amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates. Eat baked sweet fruits, compotes, jelly, and juices every day according to your list of allowed foods.
- During the period of exacerbation, the diet should include enough easily digestible protein, drink at least one glass of milk.
- Do not drink food with water! You can drink 15 to 20 minutes after eating. Otherwise, the enzymes and the already defective gastric juice will be diluted with water.
- Dishes eaten for gastritis should not irritate the stomach, so it is necessary to eat viscous cereals, mashed dishes and soups every day. Food should be suitable as much as possible for a sore stomach. Therefore, if it is not sufficiently liquid or wiped off, mechanical processing should be carried out directly during the meal, that is, chewing each piece well.
- Rice broth and porridge for gastritis is not only a suitable type of food, but also an effective way to get nutrients and eliminate toxins. Excellent choice for breakfast.Important!To feed patients with gastritis, it is best to pre-soak rice in water before cooking.
Gastritis is difficult to treat. Only complex therapy, including taking drugs prescribed by the doctor and strictly adhering to a carefully selected diet, will allow you to get rid of unpleasant symptoms and prevent the consequences of gastritis such as a stomach ulcer.